Forgiveness is a mandate from the Lord. Mandate is an official order or commission to do something.
Matthew 6:14-15 “If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Forgiveness is important to your spiritual, mental and physical well being. Not forgiving is like committing spiritual suicide. In other words unforgiveness causes us to harbor anger and bitterness in our heart. Those emotions if not dealt with will turn into hate. With that being said how can Christ fully dwell in a heart full of hate?
- When we fail to forgive out mental state suffers from anger, resentment, shame and bitterness.
- You soon become held in bondage to all of those emotions.
- The stress of those emotions can cause a mental break.
- When you play the act over and over in your mind you give depression and anxiety a door to creep in.
- You may even feel a lack of purpose.
Some of the effects stress can have on the body according to info from The Mayo Clinic.
- Muscle Tension
- Chest Pain
- Change in Sex Drive
- Stomach Upset
- Sleep Problems
Steps to Forgiveness
- Make a conscious decision to forgive
- Identify the experience that caused you harm
- Express how the experience made you feel
- Pray, ask God for healing and strength to forgive
- Take your Power Back and Forgive
If you would like to go more in depth with this process you can contact me by going to my website http://www.christinasaunders.com/ You may also inbox me here on Facebook. I pray that this will help you walk into forgiveness and set yourself FREE!